Oral Candidiasis is the most prevalent opportunistic infection affecting the oral mucosa. Actually, Candida is the shortened name used to describe a class of fungi that includes more than 150 species of yeast. In healthy individuals, candida exists harmlessly in various mucous membranes. It is also known as our ‘beneficial flora’ which has a useful purpose in the body. But when an imbalance in normal flora occurs, it causes an over growth of candida leading to the fungal infection, candidiasis or thrush. When this happens, it can create wide spread havoc to our overall health.
🗓️ Date / Sunday:
On: 24/08/1443 AH
⏰ Time / From 08:00 PM to 09:00 PM.
Speaker: (Dr. Anju Panakkal David):
· Master’s degree in Oral Medicine and Radiology from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, India.
· Did multiple paper presentations at various National conferences, Symposiums and Tele Dentistry workshops.
· Worked as Dental officer at National Rural Health Mission projects, initiative by Government of India (2012 – 2014).
· Member – Association of Stomatologists and Maxillofacial Imageologists of Kerala (ASMIK), Indian Academy of Oral Medicine and Radiology.
· Etiology / Predisposing factors for Oral Candidiasis
· Primary and Secondary Oral Candidiasis
· Clinical findings
· Candida – Associated lesions
· Lab Investigations